We are the Authorized Training Center of IATA in Azerbaijan since October 7, 2013. This status gives us the right to offer courses developed by IATA in Azerbaijan, Russian and English languages, involving highly qualified instructors, tested and approved in IATA.
IATA Training Programme
Training materials and examinations are written in English, but training based on the category of staff is conducted in the preferred language, which helps to learn the course materials and successfully pass the examination. You can study independently or under the guidance of an instructor, but most importantly, as result, you can get an internationally recognized Diploma!
IATA courses are divided into the following thematic areas:
- Transportation of Dangerous Goods by Air
- IATA Cargo Introductory
- Aviation Security Awareness
- Live Animals Regulations
- Supply Chain Management
- Advanced Cargo Rating and Marketing
- Cabin Crew Training
- Passenger Ground Service
More than 1500 specialists have already been trained at our IATA Institute during its validity period and have received the relevant certificates.
The IATA Institution provides a classroom for training, a briefing room for consulting and a coffee break room for rest. The courses are held at the National Aviation Academy on a pre-determined schedule and after delivered course the attendants pass the exam. Based on the results of the exam, students receive the appropriate certificates.
Transportation of Dangerous Goods by Air
All categories of dangerous goods are delivered at the IATA Institution. They are listed in the following Table 1.5.A, implemented for employees.
- Shippers and persons undertaking the responsibilities of shippers’, including operator’s staff acting as shippers, operator’s staff preparing dangerous goods as Company Materials (COMAT)
- Staff of freight forwarders involved in processing dangerous goods
- Staff of freight forwarder involved in processing cargo or mail (other than dangerous goods)
- Staff of freight forwarder involved in the handling storage and loading of cargo or mail
- Operator’s and ground handing agent’s staff accepting dangerous goods
- Operator’s and ground handing agent’s staff accepting cargo or mail (other than dangerous goods)
- Operator’s and ground handing agent’s staff involved in the handing, storage and loading of cargo or mail and baggage
- Passenger handing staff
- Flight crew members, loadmasters, load planners and flight operations officers/flight dispatchers
- Crew members (other than flight crew members)
- Security staff who deal with the screening of passengers and crew and their baggage and cargo or mail, e.g. security screeners, their supervisors and staff involved in implementing security procedures.
IATA Registration and Examination Rules
To enroll in the course and register as an IATA student, regardless of the form of training (internally in the group or in absentia independently), you need to sign a contract with the Authorized Institute of IATA and pay tuition fees.
Examinations of IATA in Azerbaijan are held four times a year on strictly defined dates, and persons registered in the established terms are enrolled for the exam.
The cost of training includes:
- Course of study.
- Registration of the student in IATA.
- Training materials in English.
- Examinations (two attempts).
- IATA Certificate.
Employees of IATA Institution in NAA:
- Mr. Mikayıl Ahmadli – Executive Director
- Mr. Jordan Karamalakov – IATA Senior Adviser
- Mrs. Fragkiska Tsioutsiou – IATA DGR & AVSEC Instructor
- Mr. Benjamin Nicholson – IATA DGR Inspector & Examiner
- Mr. Ali İsa Mammadov – Consultant
- Mrs. Durdana Ismayilova – IATA International Relations Specialist
- Mr. Nurad Aghayev – Coordinator
İnsturctors of IATA Institution in NAA:
- Mr. Mubariz Aliyev
- Mr. Polad İsmayilov
- Mr. Adil Gasimov
- Mrs. Sabina Mirzayeva
- Mr. Arif Eyvazov
- Mr. Fidel Pashayev
- Mr. Huseyn Ahmadov
- Mrs. Shole Nuruyeva
- Mrs. Tamilla Jabbarova
- Mrs. Sahila Ahmadova
- Mr. Anar Mirzayev
- Mr. Mushfiq Mammedov
Mr. Mikayil Ahmadli graduated from the Faculty of French Language at Foreign Languages Institute in Baku in 1989, and in 1995 he got the “Airline Representative” Distinguished Diploma from the Higher Civil Aviation High Commerce School in Moscow.
He fluently speaks English, French, Russian, Spanish and Turkish languages.
He started his career at the National Aviation Academy in 2010. He attended specific IATA courses for instructor degree “Instructional Techniques” in Athens, Greece in 2012, and “Professional Skills” in Rome, Italy. He earned the highest honors in the IATA’s “Distinguished Instructors” list.
Since 2013 he works as Executive Director of IATA Institution. The concept of “Clock Arrow”, which Mr. Mikayil Ahmadli used for the first time at the National Academy of Aviation, was published in “World Science” magazine and is widely used IATA instructors at introductory courses. The IATA Institution in NAA annually renews the certificate on its status and its educational-methodical materials prepared by Mr. Mikayil Ahmadli. These materials are published in Azerbaijan, Russian and English languages for use by local and foreign audiences.
Tel: (+994 12) 556 50 71
Mob: (+994 50) 330 70 66